Saturday, October 28, 2006

Connections



I feel hate.
Towards alot of things these days.
All I want is a connection.
I don't expect anyone to stick to me.
I just want someone to check up on me.
Ask me how my day was.
Or check if I'm still alive.
My phone has been pretty quiet.
I guess it's also cause of the festive season.
But doesn't anyone think of me.
Or remember me.
I just want a person who I can just cuddle up to.
Make me believe even for a short while that I'm loved.
Make me believe that the world is not that empty.
That there are still connections that I can depend on even for a minute.
I lay in bed watching the sky light up from the rising sun.
I just wish I can sleep and forget.
But my mind won't rest.
It keeps taunting me.
Laughing at me.
For being alone in this time when people should actually be merry with friends and love ones.
I may just be reading too much into it.
But why do I feel so alone?
I have friends.
But I just want that safe feeling of being in someone's arms.
The intoxicating smell of comfort.
The way my head fits nicely on your shoulder.
Listening to your heart beat slower as you fall asleep.
The way your arm seems to protect me as you hold me close.
I miss that.
I want that.
I need that.
Just to make my mind rest.
Could you be the one?
To help me.

1 comment:

Joyce - words words words said...

you're not the only one having this feeling.