Good morning.
I know it's really early.
9:50am
I havn't slept a wink since I woke up at 2pm yesterday.
Funny not sleepy.
Well not yet anyway.
Met 2 exs in the last 24 hours.
And witnessed a couple going through a rough patch.
Communication is key.
The problem with this world is no one really talks.
As in really say what they feel.
I know sometimes it's good to keep some opinions to yourself.
But if there is already a problem.
Then you should talk.
Say what really bugs you.
How it makes you feel.
And how you are going to solve it.
I'm not saying I'm an expert.
But after gone through alot of failed relationships.
And thanks to a conversation with an ex.
The biggest problem in all my failed relationships was that we didn't talk.
Talk, talk.
I always didn't want to hurt them.
Hurt them more when we were both already hurting.
And it was a bad thing.
As you can tell.
We failed.
I betrayed myself.
By trying to be the person that the person wants me to be.
I tried.
But in the end I was never happy and I ran.
I was a coward.
I ran away from the problem.
Not wanting to talk about it.
It become worse.
So I ran further.
And it became so easy to just run from one problem to another.
Yet the problem is the same.
It never went away.
Until one day the problem ran away from me.
It was at that point that I started to find myself.
Really getting to know myself better.
And I actually do like what I found out about myself.
I'm not that weak.
I don't need to have someone to make me feel complete.
I can survive being alone.
And that is when I can see myself from a different point of view.
I am woman, hear me roar.
Cheesy, I know.
But it works.
As I was saying.
Communication.
My ex has recently started reading my blog.
And he told me that he didnt know this side of me.
And I found the answer pretty quick actually.
I told him that is because he never asked me about myself.
I tried so hard to know what makes him tick.
And in the end I found out it was just a one sided relationship.
He took, I gave.
I wasn't happy.
I was thinking if we did talk then maybe things would have turned out differently.
But I am happy for the experience.
It has made me into a better person.
I'm now in a great relationship.
I'm not running.
Well not just yet anyway.
But we talk.
Even if we end up in tears.
We understand each other better.
We both learn from each other.
And if you both are committed to make it work.
We learn to compromise.
And try not to make the same mistakes again.
And that's when your heart will give a sigh of relief.
And you both carry on feeling better.
And that my friend is love.
Communication.
Commitment
Compromise.
No comments:
Post a Comment